This article show you how to edit your FastDraft profile and what the preferences mean.
If you are an end user, you can edit your FastDraft profile from any FastDraft page by clicking on your name on the upper right side of any FastDraft page and then click Preferences to display your profile.
End users can only update the above two preferences by switching the toggle(s):
Disable email notifications
- Setting the toggle to No means that you haven't turned off e-mail notifications
- Setting the toggle to Yes means you have have disabled e-mail notifications
Note: If you have access to more than 1 contract, the e-mail notification preferences are set at a system level, and can't be set at a contract level.
Opt out of receiving email notifications
Users can now opt out of receiving email notifications for notices or replies that they have personally communicated. This will ensure they are only receiving notifications for items they are not aware of. This is also at system level so will affect all the contracts the user is assigned to.
Click Update Profile.
Your FastDraft profile is updated.
- If you have already set your Disable email notifications (which again is at system level) to YES, then setting this new reference to YES will not be activated.
- If you are named on the Contract Dashboard as a lead user the Disable toggle will not work - you will still receive notifications for that contract as we are contractually obliged to notify. However, if as a lead, you set both toggles to Yes - you will be able to block out receiving emails you have communicated.
Note: Only Admin users can update:
- E-Mail address
- User Type
To better support our marketing and for security and support functions, we are improving the quality of user data within FastDraft. Step one we have added a new field to the endpoint to allow us to capture each user's Job Title. This will be a short text field and will be optional for now. For the time being, there will be no validation on this field. Additionally, Telephone is to be relabelled to 'Mobile' to encourage the provision of a mobile phone number.
In the interests of helping to ensure this data is kept up to date, we will be prompting users to update their information and on that basis we are allowing users to update their own information via preferences. In readiness for that, we have allowed for users that would not currently be allowed to update details (other than set their email preferences) to additionally update the following:
- Full Name
- Job Title
Admin or Super Users:
If you are a System Admin or a Super User, you can edit or update other user profiles for your organisation to include: User's name, avatar, phone number, email address and disable e-mail notifications (see Manage Users, Companies, Projects and Contracts).
We have also allowed a user with permission to create/update users to be able to update the mobile number and Job title. Restrictions are still in place to prevent the following;
- Elevating the permissions of a user to those above their own.
- Amending the username
- Amending their email address
- Amending user type [as per the original spec] of another user if the user type permissions matrix dictates they are above their authority level.