Courses on Built Intelligence are required to meet our minimum standards for educational quality.
These standards include:
- Courses must be between 10-30 minutes in duration, to allow them to be easily digestible.
- Courses must include course learning objectives at the start of the course, to frame the content for the user.
- Courses must follow the plain English guidelines available here: http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/.
- Courses must include 2 task-based exercises per courses to reinforce learning.
- Courses must include a course review with a minimum of 10 multiple choice questions which relate to the subject matter of the course and assess user’s learning.
- Content must be produced by the Contributor, rather than pulled from other sites or through Google searches.
- Courses must provide users with sufficient information to adequately complete the course review and exercises or tasks.
- Courses must be honest and clearly presented. Courses cannot mislead people or misrepresent claims, make insubstantial claims or offer guarantees for users.
- Course review multiple choice questions should ideally have 4 answers with 1 correct answer or “all the above” as an option.
- Course should ideally include resources in the form of templates, forms or widgets to assist user in carrying out tasks on the job.
- Courses should ideally explain the content from a user’s perspective rather than explain it from an academic or legalistic perspective.
- Courses should ideally include stories or practical tips or common pitfalls in the form of quotes form the Contributor, to allow users to learn from peers.
- Courses should ideally include 10 flashcards to allow the users to refresh their knowledge before the course review.