The following article is a summary of the key notes spoken about in Built Intelligence's most recent Quarterly Product Roadmap Webinar.
This article contains the following topics:
- FastDraft Recap
- FastDraft Roadmap
- Academy Recap
- Academy Product Roadmap
- Video Recording
This section will look at what we have been working on in FastDraft recently. We release updates on FastDraft on a 2-4 week Sprint Cycle which you can find here.
FastDraft Last Quarter Notes - All Users
FastDraft now supports the following features:
Improved Task Order Workflow
By default, Task Order workflows had Subject and Details fields. We have now added extra fields which can be configured on/off depending on your requirements. These fields include a Start Date, and a Completion Date.
We have added extra validation so that if you enter a Completion Date that is before the Start Date, the system will alert you to the error and you will be unable to progress with your draft.
Additional Dropdown Options
There are now new additional dropdown options for the Delay Damages Calculation Period - where previously users were able to select Daily or Weekly, they can now also select Monthly, Annually or Fixed.
All of the features mentioned above are configurable. We have also added the configurable option whereby the Task Order Quotation form is now pre-populated using data from the Instruction to Quote (RFQ) and non-editable so that the task description and delay damages can't be edited - see here for more information.
Improved Contract Dashboard
We have updated the Contract Dashboard to include a more granular breakdown or price impacts. Depending on the framework of the contract, the relevant information is broken down on the dashboard. For example, on a TSC contract, the dashboard now splits out Task Orders, Contractor's Proposals, Price Assessments and provides links to separate registers for each of these.
Improved Aggregated Reports
For users of dedicated FastDraft instances, we have added in extra contract price breakdowns to aggregate reports, as well as programme summary information.
New Preference for FastDraft Notifications
We have added additional functionality to control the level of emails a user receives from FastDraft. Users can now opt out of receiving email notifications for notices or replies that they have personally communicated. This will ensure they are only receiving notifications for items they are not aware of. Users can set this by clicking on their name in the top right of the screen and selecting preferences and updating their record. This is at system level so will affect all the contracts the user is assigned to.
See here for more detail.
Improved Financial Limits Functionality
In FastDraft we can set, at a user level, a financial limit. For example, if a user has a limit of £2000, they would not be able to accept a Compensation Event with a quote that is over £2000. We have now added in additional ability whereby users that operate on multiple NEC contracts can have financial limits at a contract level, meaning they can have a different limit for each contract.
These limits can be seen within a contract by viewing the Contract Users Register, under the Financial Limits column.
New Deemed Acceptance of Quotations
We have added in the flexibility so that quotations following Supplier notifications, under clause 62.6, can be deemed accepted by FastDraft.
Look out for our new Support Article on Deemed Acceptance - in the meantime if you have any questions or Deemed Acceptance requirements, you can log a support ticket by emailing email@example.com and we will look into your request.
FastDraft Last Quarter Notes - Admin Users Only
Improved Validation on Add User To Multiple Contract Function
If you wish to add a user to multiple contracts, FastDraft supports this. We've added extra validation to this functionality to make it easier; the form is designed so that you select the company, user, party and role. We have now added validation that will alert you if you try to add a user under a Party that does not match their company's party on the contract.
Improved Warning Message
For the purposes of a Data Breach scenario, dedicated instances of FastDraft offer the ability to delete an attachment. We have improved the warning message that Site Admins will see if they try to download an attachment that has been deleted.
At Built Intelligence we are constantly looking for ways to improve our software. As mentioned before, we release Sprints every 2-4 weeks. Customer feedback is important to us, and is compiled to create a roadmap of features that have been asked for, which we prioritise according to value and demand.
Exporting Contracts (Expanded to Site Admins)
A new feature that is currently only available to Built Intelligence will go live for Site Administrators soon; the ability to 'Export' a contract. In the Contract Overview, there will be an 'Export' button next to the Contract State. This schedules a zip file to be exported overnight, and will provide a spreadsheet register of workflows, a PDF of notifications, plus any attachments added to notifications. This will save you having to do it manually, and you will be able to find the export in the Downloads page under Analytics in the left-hand navigation panel.
Generate PDFs On-The-Fly
FastDraft already provides the ability to print a PDF - our roadmap is looking to generally enhance the capabilities of this functionality in the following ways:
- Making sure URLs fit within the printable borders of a page to ensure a consistent PDF layout.
- The ability to nominate a specific email address that you wish to receive a copy.
- Automated saving to your chosen share point, or document management system.
Share Button with Link/PDF Copy
This is an optional configuration for those who request it.
Enhanced Action Reminders
- Action Sidebar - Currently there is no support for 'scheduled tasks'. We are aware this would be a useful feature, particularly, for example, for Payment Applications/Certificates and Contract Programmes. We are looking to support this feature, by enabling reminders for outstanding actions that are overdue based on contract terms.
- Enhanced capability to assign/clear actions - Actions that arise from instructions, we are looking to support the ability to allow you to manually assign these actions if you see the need for a follow-up, and then to subsequently clear these actions when completed.
Applying Bulk Configuration Changes to Multiple Contracts
For administrators one of the things that we are finding is that generally the new features we roll out are configurable - this means that in order to take advantage of these features you need to update existing templates, which is not as quick and easy as users would like it to be. We are looking at ways to more readily support this by providing the ability to update multiple contracts with new features at the same time without having to manually edit each contract.
Additional Roadmap Features
The following are additional features that are on our FastDraft roadmap:
- Saving Custom Registers - the ability to save custom views/filters and return to those so users can build their own registers.
- Cloning a contract - users can currently clone contract templates but not contracts.
- Enhanced support for FIDIC contracts - enhanced capability and better support for employer claims and interim quotations within FIDIC templates.
- Enable party switcher on Demo contracts - demo contracts provide a sandpit area for users to experiment with the software. The ability to switch parties will save users from having to log in and out.
- Attachments register - adding a flag so users can see which notices have attachments associated with them. A dedicated attachments register so users can easily find these notices.
- Payment certificates - based on feedback, we can see that it would be useful to identify the final payment certificate. It is now possible for a dropdown to be configured to enable you to denote whether an application/certificate is interim or final.
- Support for FMC Project Orders - Alongside Task Orders within FMC contracts you can have Project Orders. These will have all the configuration options, and more, that you can see on Task Orders.
Power BI is an analytical feature that is coming soon to FastDraft. This will provide users with embedded reports that will dynamically adjusted based on user permissions. The same set of reports will be available to admin and end users, but the content will be based on what contracts you have access to as an individual user. It will be possible to see the dashboard, but also tabs across the top of the page that will show similar reports for portfolios, risks, payments, changes, submissions, quality, etc.
These reports can be filtered, for example if you have access to multiple contracts but only want to see results for specific contracts. These filters can be applied across all visuals, across all pages. There will be the capability to build your own reports based on this data, if you prefer to embed your custom visuals back into FastDraft.
This feature is gradually being rolled out in Beta - if you are interested in being involved, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This section will look at what we have been working on in Academy recently. We release updates on Academy on a 4 week cycle which you can find here.
Some new Academy features that have taken place recently include:
- New Mobile app - all Academy features can now be accessed via our mobile app, including the ability to adjust text size.
- Offline e-Learning; this feature allows users, from the mobile app, to download content and view 'Offline'. Users can do this by tapping on the course and selecting 'Get on this device'.
We have recently launched new e-Learning based on the concept of 'Micro Courses' - these are bite-size courses for those who have, perhaps, 10 minutes to spare. Some examples of these include:
- Five Top Tips for Managing Distressed UK Supply Chains
- Back to Basics - Limitation Periods
We recently aired the following webinars:
- An Overview of the NEC4 Amendments 2023 - This presentation, presented by William Brown, covers the recent official NEC4 Amendments that were published in January 2023.
- Capital Allowances Update - Post March 2023 Budget - This presentation, presented by John Lovell of Lovell Consulting, outlines tax refunds and savings available by reviewing current and historical construction expenditure and commercial property purchases.
While our webinars are scheduled, if you have a Premium or Enterprise Academy license you can access them on demand. If you want to view our webinars at a time, or date, that suits you, you can do so by subscribing - see here for more information.
Academy Product Roadmap
Built Intelligence will continue to expand our comprehensive Training Platform that enables new features and content to be efficiently built on top with a very quick time to market relative to competitors. The Product Management and Developer team provides building blocks that our Content and Marketing team can build in our solutions to differentiate our offering.
See the below image to learn more about our Roadmap for the Academy.
Below is the video recording https://youtu.be/MAsMXFNBSzg