This article is a guide on how to implement certificate workflows within FastDraft.
This guide contains the following:
A new Certificates workflow group has been created to support the communication of the following via dedicated workflows rather than via Notification. This workflow group is not switched on by default, and will need to be added via the Contract Template.
- Sectional Completion
Note: Contract Templates can only be updated by Users with Site Support and above - if you need assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adding Certificate Workflows to a Template
In this section we will explain how to add certificate workflows to your contract via the Contract Template.
Certificate Workflows can be configured to match your required specificity. Use the steps below to do so:
1. In the left-hand navigation panel, under Settings, go to Contract, then Contract template.
2. Under the Workflows tab, select Certificates from the drop-down list.
3. Use the dots on the right to drag and drop the workflow, if you wish to change the order in which your workflows appear in the left-hand navigation panel.
4. Click on Certificates; you can then edit the workflow further to meet your specific requirements by using the tabs in the right-hand box:
- Main - here you can edit the name of the workflow
- Workflows - use this tab to edit the rules of the workflow; here you can manage who can do what in a workflow and system triggered events
- Placeholders - here you can control the items displayed on individual forms, such as drop-down menu items and other choices made by users
You can read more about configuring Contract Templates here.
5. Once you are happy with the configuration of your Certificates workflow, click the blue Update button at the bottom of the page.
Completion Certificates - Contract State
The Completion certificate will automatically update a new 'Actual Completion Date' on the Contract Dashboard, and can be configured to update the contract status to Complete (if desired). You can read more about the contract state here. See below to find out how to configure this option.
- Under Workflows > Certificates > Placeholders, select CompletionChangesStateEnabled.
- A pop-up will show (as below), where you can toggle this option On/Off. Turning it on will mean that the submission of a Completion Certificate will automatically change the state of the Contract to Completed. When you are done, click Update Placeholder, then Update Workflow Group.
- Once you are happy with the configuration of your Certificates workflow, click the blue Update button at the bottom of the page.