This article is a guide to enabling Task Order workflows within a contract.
This guide contains the following:
- Service Manager Task Orders
- Service Manager Request For Quote
- How to Link Task Orders with Request For Quote
In a TSC contract it is often necessary for additional elements of work to be required that are linked or incidental to the rest of the service and better to be carried out by the same contractor.
The Task Order procedures are not designed to be used for very simple, reactive or emergency tasks, they are intended to be used for tasks that have a degree of complexity and/or risk that requires planning and management to ensure a successful outcome.
A Task is defined as "...work within the service which the Service Manager may instruct the Contractor to carry out within a stated period of time.".
How to Enable Task Order Workflows
- Within the left-hand navigation panel, select Contract Template.
- Select Workflows.
- From the drop-down list, select Task Orders.
- Within Task Orders, you can then configure PM Task Orders...
...and PM Request For Quote -an optional workflow.
- Once you have configured the workflows as required, select Update Workflow, then Update Workflow Group, then click the blue Update button.
Configuration of Task Orders - Placeholders
By default, the Task Order placeholders available will appear as below:
There are additional placeholders that can be added in order to customise your Task Order workflows. These can be found by clicking on the drop down arrow.
- RFQRelationEnabled - this placeholder indicates whether the RFQ can be attached in Task Order communications. This needs to be enabled (ie set to 'YES')
There will be a dropdown where the relevant RFQ can be selected.
- RFQRelationRequired - this placeholder indicates whether a Task Order can be issued without selecting an associated RFQ. If enabled (ie set to 'YES'), an error message will show - stating that an RFQ must be attached to the Task Order.
How to Enable Compensation Event Task Order Links
The Compensation Event forms have been updated to allow a Compensation Event to be associated with a Task Order in the same way a Compensation Event can be associated with a Project Order and the effect of Compensation Events on Task Orders have also been tracked in the Task Orders register in the same way they currently are in the Project Order register. See below to find out how to enable this in your contract.
- In the left-hand navigation panel select Contract Template.
- Select Workflows.
- Select Compensation Events, then Placeholders. In the drop-down list, select TaskOrderOptionEnabled.
- Toggle the option Yes.
- Select Update Placeholder, then Update Workflow Group, then select the blue Update button.
- Now, when you create a Compensation Event, you will see the option to select a related Task Order.