These releases contain any new features, improvements and bug fixes worked on for this period.
New + Improved
* New Contract Template control
We have added an option to apply Master Template changes to contracts based on that template. In order to assist with rolling out changes and improvements across a number of contracts it will now be possible to link contracts directly to a master template. When creating a contract it will now be possible to link that contract directly to the master template so that changes to the master template can easily be pushed out to all contracts based on that template.
- Any user with permissions to edit a contract template will (via the Contract Overview) be able to select whether a contract should use its own customisable template or point directly at a master template
- When switching an existing contract from using a customisable contract level template to using a master template, a copy of the contract level template will be retained (in the background) so that it can easily be reinstated.
- When switching an existing contract from using a master template to a customisable contract level template any previously customised contract level template will be reinstated or (if a custom contract template didn’t previously exist) a customisable copy of the selected master template will be created so that it can be customised for this contract
- If attempting to access the contract template, a user with appropriate permissions will be able to see the template but not edit it
- If you wish to customise a contract and it’s not desirable to reinstate the previous contract template (in other words if you would prefer to use the latest master template an overlay new customisations) then please contact the help desk at email@example.com
- Unless there is a good reason to apply custom configuration at a contract level (e.g. a Supervisor has delegated permissions to act as PM) it’s recommended that all contracts point at master templates so that new features (e.g. rolling out new certificates workflows or adding the new payment types dropdown to payment certificates) can be easily implemented via a single config change to each master template.
- The option to switch from using a master template to a new custom template based on the latest master will be added in the next sprint. In the meantime, this can be accommodated by raising a support ticket.
- Aggregate Report support has been added for Master Templates links to prevent reporting errors if a template is moved from pointing at a contract level template to a master template
* Improved optional CE values
All main workflows in the Compensation Event workflow group allow the user to select an associated instruction and that will remain the default setting. However, in cases where that’s not required, it’s now possible to toggle that dropdown off (i.e. hide the dropdown).
* Improved error messages for Multi-language contracts
* Improved Warning message for Supertoken users
In cases where our users are on an instance using the SuperToken Auth0 authentication method. If the user successfully authenticates with 3rd party but the user account does not exist on Fastdraft, the UI gets stuck in between these processes with a spinner display.
New Feature Request ^^
We have added Framework tags for supplier companies for one of our Customers.
A customer may have several framework agreements in place with multiple suppliers that have similar names so, in order to assist with ensuring the correct supplier is selected, it’s now possible to add one framework tags to a company as well as to a contract. If a supplier is tagged to a particular framework or frameworks and one of those doesn’t match the framework tag selected for the contract, FastDraft will warn the user of the mismatch but (if the user chooses to ignore the warning) will not prevent the contract being updated.
* Bug fixes
The following bugs have been rectified:
- Validation added to UI to prevent an admin user attempting to run a report with a start or end date outside the permissible range (01/01/1900 to 06/06/2079) [ZD41426 – Raised by National Grid]
- Cache error displayed when attempting to create a Project immediately after creating a company. When creating a company and then immediately creating a project, an admin user would sometimes receive an error about being unable to find the referenced companyID. The dropdown list in the new project page now takes the information straight from the database (instead of the cache) so an admin user can now create a new company, navigate over to projects and create a new one using the company just created without encountering an error.
- Test configured in the QuoteNoteRequestForQuote was appearing on communicated Task Order Quotation (as expected) but not on the exported pdf version.
- User Overview [Preferences] page was allowing a user to update their own mobile/cell (as expected) but was erroneously allowing non-numeric characters in the field
- We have added additional validation to prevent an admin user attempting to run a report with a start or end date outside the permissible range (01/01/1900 to 06/06/2079)
^^ Items marked with a double up arrow require specific permissions or subscription types before they are available.
** Items marked with a double asterisk will provide improved scalability, performance and reliability for the platform.