This article is a guide to how permissions can be configured for Defect Notifications and Early Warnings on FastDraft.
We have updated the Defect Notifications and Early Warning workflows to allow permissions to be configured independently for update and close tabs. For example, this allows the PM to delegate responsibility for updating the defects register whilst retaining the responsibility for closing defects.
How to configure in the Contract Template
- In the left-hand navigation panel, under Settings, select Contract Template
- Select the Workflows tab.
- Select the workflow you wish to configure - either Quality Management for Defect Notifications, or Early Warnings.
- Within the workflow, select the Workflow tab.
- The two filters you need to configure are Action Tab User Filter and Resolve Action Tab User Filter.
- Under Action Tab User Filter, next to Party Equals select the Party you wish to be in charge of updating the;
- Actions tab for Defect Notifications, or
- Risk Management tab for Early Warnings
- Under Resolve Action Tab User Filter, next to Party Equals select the Party you wish to be in charge of resolving the;
- Close Defect tab for Defect Notifications, or
- Resolve Risk tab for Early Warnings
- Once you have made your changes, select Update Workflow...
- ... then Update Workflow Group...
- ... then Save Changes.
Note for configuring multiple parties:
If you want multiple parties to be able to perform these actions and update these tabs, your contract template workflows should look like the below: